Thursday 7 July 2011

Craftyleo goes Manga :)

Good evening, this week I thought I would share with you a few different ideas for using Manga in greetings cards. Manga is such a popular style and a fantastic way to create cards for teenagers (and we know they are so hard to please!). I love this stamp from Funky Kits, the Manga Fairy can be done in so many ways (I'm looking forward to making her a Christmas Fairy later in the year :))

I love giving her fabulous coloured hair (a good choice for Manga images) and think that the soft aqua and peach complement each other well in this card. She's been coloured with Copic Ciao markers (my favs at the moment). A few hand made flowers and a sentiment is all that is really needed to finish it off.


Again I've gone for the soft aqua, but the main colour is the purple/ lilac which gives this card a very different feel. She's also coloured with Copic Ciao markers.

Again the aqua, but a much more muted shade, teamed with a lovely pink and green combo. This time I trimmed off the wings and wand, as the colours didn't seem to work as well for the total picture - but I think that gives this stamp much more versatility. Some fabulous background papers and a bit of bling to match the colour scheme (as well as the greeting, a custom card for a 14 year old's birthday) and hey presto. Here's hoping that the birthday girl loves her card, and that you've enjoyed looking at a few more designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment