Tuesday 28 February 2012

Pretty little miniatures

Hello all, can't believe we're almost at the end of February already, where is 2012 heading off too? This time I would like to share some mini cards with you  - small and sweet and just as much a piece of art as a larger card :)
These images are just great - from a stamp set by The Greeting Farm, they are a little smaller than the single stamps, but I think they're the perfect size to add to a mini card. I like to use funky colour combinations with these images, I think they lend themselves well to things like the green hair like this one - and the contrast with the hot pinks make it really stand out from the crowd.
I love the colour combination on this card, even though it's the same image as the first card it looks so different coloured in a range of browns, and mounting with a range of greys gives it a totally different look. A very classy combination I think.

I think the strong blue tone to the hair gives a really nice contrast with the hot orange and subtle layering with pink. I think this combination gives a nice twist and a modern edge to this card design.

All my colouring is done with Copic Ciao markers, I love the feel of those for colouring, they're so easy to layer and get such a range of shading - I love to play with them, to create hair colours in particular.

As ever, you can see more of my work on Craftyleo's Little Works of Art on Facebook. Thanks for reading xx

1 comment:

  1. I love all your cards, the use of colour is so inspiring. The detail helps create a real piece of artwork

    ReplyDelete