Sunday 16 September 2012

Back to school


Hello all, I can't believe it's been so long since my last blog post, I have absolutely no idea where the summer has gone (or if indeed we have actually had a summer!). Anyway, the kids are back at school, and I'll be back teaching in a couple of days time. I've been busy creating cards for children heading back to school, or starting school this term. My son is only just 3 and he'll be starting nursery next week (which he is very excited about, as am I!). Today I'll be showing a little selection of the cards I made using stamps by Lili of the Valley.

This first picture shows a few of them that I coloured in using various colour ways, I found that it was so much fun to colour that I just kept on trying different ways!


The next one shows one of the finished cards for a little boy. I've kept the colour scheme pretty simple with this one, keeping it all to shades of blue and browns, the papers are by My Minds Eye, with just a couple of brown gems and computer printed sentiments

 
 
The next card is another one for a little fella. Again, I've gone for the blues but with some more autumny colours with these papers by Basic Grey. Again, a computer printed sentiment and a couple of little gems to finish off
 
 
 
Next, we have a card for the little ladies out there. This time I've kept the colours all neutrals, from the pale grey dress, to the shades of beige and brown for the card itself (papers by My Minds Eye).
 
 
But, Back to School cards don't have to be done in school uniform colours, they can be bold and fun, like this next card I was asked to make. Shades of pink with a little splash of green make this version bold and funny and perfect for any little girl
 



I hope you've enjoyed taking a little pink into this little collection of cards, hopefully I won't leave it so long next time! Take care everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment